XV of France – autumn tour: why Jalibert was countered … Our questions and answers around France – Argentina

the essential What happened on Matthieu Jalibert’s counter at the origin of the first Argentine test? Why was Antoine Dupont’s essay refused? Why did Kremer and Marchand get a yellow card? We answer the questions you ask yourself after France – Argentina.

> Since when the French team hadn’t played in front of their home crowd?

Since February 9 2020 and a victory against Italy in the framework of the Tournament. Until then, the meetings had taken place behind closed doors.

> Was the Stade de France full?

No and it’s a disappointment. Only 50 000 tickets had been purchased and suddenly the third ring of the stadium was closed. It is a disappointment insofar as since the return of the public in the stadiums, the Top clubs 14 are full; and that the Blues had not played in front of their audience for more than a year and a half.

> How many Argentines playing in the Top 14 were on the lawn?

They were eight at the start and three on the bench. So it was almost a derby, which explains the incessant chambering of which the Bordeaux winger Delguy was the standard bearer.

> What happened to Kremer and Marchand’s double yellow card?

The French lacked control. With just getting a scrum penalty, Baille chambered Kremer by slapping him on the ribs. The Argentinian third line reacted by jostling the Toulouse pillar and Marchand charged the Argentinian in the back. Result: a yellow card on each side but the action could just as easily have ended with a single yellow card for… Marchand.

> What happened on the Argentine trial born from the counter on Jalibert?

The French opener was stupidly countered because he should have taken a lot more distance. Incredible at this level because in any case, the third Matera line was by no means within 22 French meters.

> Did you say finisher?

This is Fabien Galthié’s new element of language. Not only does he use it in his speeches. But in addition, it is written on the scoresheet instead of the word “substitutes”. On the other hand, for the women of the XV of France who played against South Africa, it was well written… substitutes.

In our Top 14, yesterday in Pau, the replacements from Biarritz were called the reinforcements. Christophe Urios would say that it looks like “smoking.”

> Flament first?

Yes of course since it was his first selection. It is even his first try of the season since he did not score this year for the Stade Toulousain jersey. On the other hand, Mauvaka has already scored with Stade this season.

> How long did the Jalibert – Ntamack association last?

53 minutes exactly without being able to really judge its usefulness because Danty returned to respond to the Argentinian physical impact. So, for now, it’s a lot of ado about nothing.

> Why was Dupont’s trial refused?

For a forward from Jaminet at the start the action when he is tackled. But to find this microscopic step forward to refuse such a beautiful attempt, it is bordering on vice.

Back to top button